Featured in this comparison chart is Samsung’s new smartwatch, the Galaxy Watch 3 which comes in two sizes; 41mm and 45mm, and each of these two sizes also comes in LTE or Bluetooth version. The difference between the LTE and Bluetooth versions is the presence of an eSIM in the LTE unit that enables cellular capabilities and thus makes it a standalone smartwatch. We’re comparing the differences between the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 LTE vs Bluetooth to help you decide which is the right model for you.
Please note that both the Cellular and Bluetooth models have the same design and features except that the Cellular unit which is a standalone smartwatch can make and receive calls without your phone. The Bluetooth unit can also make and receive calls, but it needs your phone to do this.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 LTE vs Bluetooth Full Specifications Comparison
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (45mm) (LTE) Full Specifications, Features and Price
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (41mm) Full Smartwatch Specifications, Features and Price
|ABOUT DEVICE||ABOUT DEVICE||ABOUT DEVICE|
|Device name||Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (45mm) (LTE)||Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (41mm) (Bluetooth)|
|Device type||Fitness/Classic/Standalone smartwatch||Fitness/Classic smartwatch|
|Release date||August, 2020||August, 2020|
|Predecessor||Samsung Galaxy Watch||Samsung Galaxy Watch|
|Versions||Bluetooth, LTE, Titanium||Bluetooth, LTE, Titanium|
|Dimension||46.2 x 45 x 11.1 mm||42.5 x 41 x 11.3 mm|
|Weight||53.8g (excluding straps)||48.2g (excluding straps)|
|Case material||Stainless steel 316L||Stainless steel 316L|
|Bezel material||Stainless steel 316L||Stainless steel 316L|
|Strap size||22 mm||20 mm|
|Interchangeable strap||22 mm, Yes||20mm, Yes|
|Screen protection||Corning Gorilla glass DX+||Corning Gorilla glass DX+|
|Water resistance||Yes, 5ATM||Yes, 5ATM|
|Swim-proof||Yes, recommended||Yes, recommended|
|Color||Mystic bronze, Mystic silver||Mystic bronze, Mystic silver|
|Display size||1.4 inches||1.2 inches|
|Display type||Super AMOLED, Full color||Super AMOLED, Full color|
|Display resolution||360 x 360 pixel||360 x 360 pixel|
|Pixel density||364 ppi||364 ppi|
|Custom watch face||Yes||Yes|
|Input type||2 Physical buttons, Physical rotating bezel, Touchscreen||2 Physical buttons, Physical rotating bezel, Touchscreen|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth v5.0||Bluetooth v5.0|
|GPS||Galileo, Yes, GPS/GLONASS/BEIDOU||Galileo, Yes, GPS/GLONASS/BEIDOU|
|Memory card slot||No||No|
|CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY||CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY||CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY|
|Technology||GSM / HSPA / LTE||None|
|Third-party apps alert||Yes||Yes|
|Reply to Notifications||-||-|
|ACTIVITY TRACKING||ACTIVITY TRACKING||ACTIVITY TRACKING|
|Heart rate monitoring||Yes||Yes|
|Underwater heart rate tracking||—||—|
|Battery type||Non-removable Li-ion battery||Non-removable Li-ion battery|
|Battery life||Regular: 2 days||Regular: 2 days|
|Charging type||Charging dock, WPC based wireless charging||Charging dock, WPC based wireless charging|
|Charging time||1-2 hours||1-2 hours|
|Chipset||Exynos 9110||Exynos 9110|
|CPU||Dual core 1.15GHz||Dual core 1.15GHz|
|GPU||Mali™-T720 MP1||Mali™-T720 MP1|
|Operating system||Tizen 5.5||Tizen 5.5|
|Companion app||Samsung Health App||Samsung Health App|
|Compatibility||Android 5.0+ & RAM 1.5GB+, iPhone 5+ and iOS 9.0+||Android 5.0+ & RAM 1.5GB+, iPhone 5+ and iOS 9.0+|
|Payment system||Samsung Pay||Samsung Pay|
|Voice command||Yes, Bixby||Yes, Bixby|
|Find my phone||Yes||Yes|
|Box content||Charger, Manual, Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (LTE), Straps||Charger, Manual, Samsung Galaxy Watch 3, Straps|
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 LTE vs Bluetooth Differences
Galaxy Watch 3 is slimmer, more compact, and weighs a little less than its predecessor, the Galaxy Watch. It also comes with blood oxygen measurement and expands on the running coach that was introduced to Galaxy Watch Active 2. Also, ECG and blood pressure monitoring that was introduced to Active 2 are also present on Galaxy Watch 3 and it has a higher RAM and storage.
So, basically, both the LTE and Bluetooth versions share the same features except that the LTE version is a standalone smartwatch as a result of the embedded eSIM in the watch. This enables it to make and receive calls directly from the watch without your phone, but with the Bluetooth version, you will need to connect to your phone to be able to make and receive calls from the watch.
Moreover, with the LTE version, you can receive and reply to messages without your phone while the Bluetooth version needs your phone to receive and reply to messages.
The prices are also different, the LTE version is priced higher than the Bluetooth version. The price for the 41mm size starts at $399 for Bluetooth and $430 for the LTE version, while the price for 45mm starts at $430 for Bluetooth and $480 for the LTE model.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 Features
- 1.4/1.2 inches always-on AMOLED display with touchscreen support, 2 physical buttons and physical rotating bezel.
- 5ATM (50 meters) Swim-proof, eject water from the loudspeaker after immersion in water.
- Over 50000 custom watch faces to choose from.
- Rugged smartwatch with MIL-STD-810G- US military grade rating for shock.
- 1GB RAM and 8GB storage capacity with support for streaming on Spotify.
- Has microphone and loudspeaker.
- Use Bixby voice assistant to perform simple tasks and control smartthings devices with your voice.
- Contactless payment on the go with Samsung pay.
- Make calls with Bluetooth connection to your phone.
- LTE model is a standalone smartwatches that allows you make and receive calls from the watch independent of your phone.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you like email, SMS, reminders, weather forecast, unlock phone, music playback on phone, remote camera control and notifications from third-party apps are beamed to your watch.
- NEW Chat with image and chat history, as well as chat with emoji
- NEW Smart reply analyses your messages and texts to recommend replies.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 Fitness Tracking Features
- Continously tracks your steps, calories, distance and floors climbed.
- Comprehensively tracks your sleep in for stages; light, deep, awake and REM.
- Comprehensively tracks your heart rate continuously.
- Tracks your stress and helps you manage stress via guided breathing sessions.
- ECG tracking monitors irregular heart rhythms and can help you detect atrial fibrillations. Cleared by FDA
- Blood pressure monitoring.
- Up to 40 preset workout modes and can auto track 7 of these.
- Blood oxygen saturation monitoring with SpO2 sensors. NEW
- Incidental fall detection will call emergency contacts when the Galaxy Watch 3 detects a fall. NEW
- Tracks your fitness level to show your VO2 Max. NEW
- Features 120 workout home videos that allows you cast workout videos to yout TV and can display your tracked metrics on the TV as you train. NEW