Fossil Gen 6 (44mm) Specifications, Features and Price
- Release date:: September, 2021
- Display:: 1.28 inch, AMOLED, Touchscreen
- Body:: Stainless steel, Stainless steel
- Battery Life:: 24hrs+
- Storage:: 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM, Microphone, Loudspeaker
- Compatibility:: Android 6.0+ and iOS 10.0+
|(4.5 / 5)
|(3.4 / 5)
|(4.2 / 5)
|(4.4 / 5)
|(3.6 / 5)
|(4.0 / 5)
Fossil Gen 6 Specifications and Features – Fossil Gen 6 is the latest Wear OS smartwatch joining the Galaxy Watch 4 series that returned to the platform after a long spell with Tizen OS. The new Gen 6 which succeeds Gen 5 retains the same appearance and design as its predecessor. However, it welcomes a few new additions. It is powered by the Snapdragon 4100+ chip, features an Spo2 sensor for blood oxygen tracking and as well comes in two sizes just like the Gen 5E. It is also loaded with a handful of fitness tracking features plus a microphone, loudspeaker, Google Pay, Google Assistant and an 8GB of storage capacity.
Fossil Gen 6 Design
The Gen 6 comes in two sizes; 44mm and 42mm just like Gen 5E. Both sizes have cases made of stainless steel that also extends to the bezel. The display is protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass material. The 42mm size is compatible with 18mm wide straps while the 44mm size is compatible with 22mm straps.
- Rose-Gold case/Purple silicone straps
- Rose Gold-tone case/Rose Gold-tone stainless steel straps
- Gunmetal case/Gunmetal stainless steel straps
- Black case/ black silicone straps
- Black case/brown leather straps
- Black case/Green Camo Grosgrain straps
- Smoke case/smoke stainless steel straps
Both sizes come with three physical buttons, the center button is a rotating button while the other two are push-in buttons. Touchscreen is also supported which makes navigation easy.
Both the 42mm and 44mm size have the same display size of 1.28 inches which is powered by AMOLED. Both watches are also rated 3ATM which represents 30meters waterproof rating. So, its clearly save to wear any of these to the shower.
Fossil Gen 6 Fitness Tracking
Beyond the awesome design, the Gen 6 is also equipped with a heart rate sensor, compass, altimeter, inbuilt GPS and the new SpO2 sensor that enables blood oxygen measurement. The Gen 6 will track your steps and calories, it will also track your sleep. The heart rate sensor allows it to track your heart rate continuously, while the built-in GPS allows you to track your outdoor activities like your locations and routes.
Fossil Gen 6 Media and Storage
The Gen 6 is equipped with 8GB storage capacity that allows you store your favorites tracks on the watch. It also has a microphone and loudspeaker that gives you more ways to enjoy music on the device. You can use the microphone to access Google Assistant that allows you to do simple tracks with your voice.
Fossil Gen 6 – Managing Notifications
With the Gen 6, you can manage notifications that you receive on your phone. You can enable notifications for calls, SMS, and notifications from other apps installed on your phone. You can also reply to messages with the Gen 6 (Android only).
The Gen 6 comes with an NFC chip that enables Google Pay – A non-contactless payment system that allows you make payments on the go from the Gen 6.
Fossil Gen 6 – Platform
The biggest addition to the Gen 6 is the presence of Snapdragon 4100+ chip which promises boost in performance. Fossil claims the new chip which succeeded Snapdragon 3100 boasts up to 30% faster performance. This is accompanied by a 1GB RAM which makes a lot of sense. Although, this is still a far cry from the Galaxy Watch 4 Series which is powered by a 5nm Exynos W920 chip. Unfortunately, the Gen 6 will not run on Wear OS 3 out of the box until next year.
Fossil Gen 6 Battery Life
Despite the arrival of the 4100+ chip for Gen 6, battery life has not improved. Fossil claims the Gen 6 can last 24hours+ which is not so great. Although, there are battery saver modes that allows get a little longer battery life.
Fossil Gen 6 Features
- It comes with a 1.28 inches Always-on AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla glass covering the screen. Navigation is via touchscreen and 3 physical buttons (2 push-in buttons and 1 rotating button).
- The case is made of stainless steel, same as the bezel. The 44mm size supports 22mm interchangeable straps.
- Comes with preloaded sport modes.
- You get access to lots of apps like Google Assistant, Google Play store, Spotify and more.
- Clock features include time/date, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Customize the watch face from available watch faces or download watch faces from the pool of many watch faces available on the app store.
- Find my phone, control music on Smartphone and also use remote camera to take photo.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you, so you never get to miss important notifications. You can also reply to messages (Android only).
- Rated 3ATM (swim-proof).
- Compatible with both Android 6.0+ and iOS 12.0+ devices.
- Inbuilt microphone supports Google Assistant and with a loudspeaker, you can make and receive calls directly from the phone via Bluetooth. Thus, you can make and receive calls directly from the watch, but your phone must be nearby.
- 8GB onboard storage capacity lets you take your music and playlists with you.
- Inbuilt NFC supports Google Pay that lets you make payment directly from the watch on the go.
- Custom battery saver modes allow you to get a little longer battery life.
- There are lots of preloaded apps like Google Assistant, Spotify and more to choose from.
Fossil Gen 6 Fitness Tracking Features
- It comes with inbuilt GPS that allow you track your outdoor activities like routes and location which can then be viewed from the companion app.
- It can track your sleep stages with the Fossil sleep tracking app.
- Heart rate monitor tracks your heart rate so you can see your heart rate in real-time and also get to manage the intensity of your training.
- Features lots of preset sport modes.
- Tracks your steps, distance, cardio level, calories and sedentary reminder.
- It is equipped with an altimeter that enable you manage and monitor elevation changes.
- It comes with a compass that can help you in navigating and finding your geographical orientation.
- NEW: It comes with an SpO2 sensor that enables you to measure blood oxygen levels – a critical indicator of how well your blood utilizes oxygen.
Fossil Gen 6
Fossil Gen 5
Fossil Gen 6 42mm & Fossil Gen 6 44mm
44 x 44 x 12 mm
Leather, Silicone, Stainless steel
Black case/ black silicone straps, Black case/brown leather straps, Black case/Green Camo Grosgrain straps, Smoke case/smoke stainless steel straps
AMOLED, Full color
416 x 416 px
|Custom watch face
3 Physical buttons, Touchscreen
|Memory card slot
|Third-party apps alert
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)
|Heart rate monitoring
|Underwater heart rate tracking
Non-removable Li-ion battery
1.7GHz Quad-core CPU ARM Cortex A53
Qualcomm Adreno 504 GPU
Fossil Q App
Android 6.0+, iOS 10.0+
|Find my phone
Charger, Fossil Gen 6, Manual, Straps
Samsung Gear S2 Full Specifications, Features and Price---Compare
Garmin Vivoactive 4S Specifications, Features and Price$300.00 Check PriceCompare
Garmin Fenix 5 Specifications, Features and Price$349.99 Check PriceCompare
Garmin Fenix 5X Plus Specifications, Features and Price$298.99 Check PriceCompare